Due to our concerns for the safety of the public and volunteers during Covid-19, AFFEW’s board of directors have cancelled the April 18 Earth Day Celebration.
Instead we have listed below several resources from organizations that will host virtual events to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. We can still make a difference as we stay home and be safe!
Helpful websites to visit during this time:
Webinars & Podcasts:
Kids Websites & Podcasts:
10 Things YOU can do to make a difference in your home today and every day!
- Clean up your neighborhood, remembering social distancing.
- Go through your clothes or “things” and really reflect on what you use, need.
- Donate or give to someone when able to.
- Recycle metal?
- Reduce your use of items! Try to reduce plastics.
- Bake or make food from scratch, DIY lotions, etc
- Start composting, planning a native plant or vegetable garden.
- Eat vegetarian at least once a week.
- Plant a tree or two! (Contact Julia Chambers for free native tree seedlings)
- Use “green” supplies.